1. He buys me flowers regularly.
2. He warms my always cold feet up at night.
3. He spent the first few years of his life in Singapore and developed a speech impediment. Even now, when he gets very tired or very excited, he will say his r's like w's. It's cute.
4. He hates DIY, he will do it, but hates it, and therefore isn't the greatest at it.
5. One year he lost a whole year of his life. He was adamant he was going to turn 27 that year, when I insisted he was going to be 28. He disagreed and argued with me, until he came back a few days later and told me he had realised he was going to be 28.
6. He reads comics over books.
7. He's a drummer. A mighty fine drummer. And his online nickname used to be animal.
8. He bought me my first acrylic paints and canvasses to encourage me to paint.
9. He doesn't like any Revels other than the toffee. They are my least favourite.
10. He is infinitely more patient than me.
11. I have never known him to dislike anyone, or for anyone to dislike him.
12. He is definitely the nicer of the two of us.
13. I used to describe him as Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh, whereas I am his Tigger.
14. It doesn't matter how horrendous I look he will always tell me I look beautiful.
15. I even think he believes it.
16. He spends more time brushing the dogs hair and telling her how cute she is than I do.
17. I'm pretty sure he will be (if we have children) one of those dads that braids his daughters hair.
18. He is one of the funniest people I know. (Along with my brother.)
19. He looks and sounds freakily similar to his brothers. Like, seriously, you would freak out.
20. He is definitely the hottest :)
21. He has been known to go out late at night just to get me earplugs from the store.
22. He makes a mean pancake.
23. He gladly watches me skate around a carpark a couple of evenings a week. Without complaining.
24. I have never known anyone to fall asleep so quickly. He can be talking, and then he's gone.
25. When he doesn't fall unconscious immediately, he will tickle my back till he thinks I am asleep.
26. He cleans the bathrooms.
27. I have only seen him really angry once. He threw his phone against the wall and it broke. I told him he was stupid.
28. You see how he is much nicer than me?
29. He's got smarts. And he doesn't make me feel stupid for not having the smarts.
30. He always offers me the last sweeties in a bag :)
I know you all want a Dan Frank now :)
It's the geeks 30th birthday this month. 30! I remember hearing about his 21st party! I was 17 and we were mostly conversing via the internet back then. He had a bouncy castle if I remember correctly. I always wanted a bouncy castle. 30 is kinda special. Aparently it's the new 20, only better, coz we are all supposed to know what we're doing by 30, have a job, a house, money. He's not doing so bad with those I guess. Better than me that's for sure!
Anyway. 30 is special. So special it demands a present a day until his actual birthday on the 23rd. So that's what's going on. Some shop bought, a lot of stupid, and many handmade.
Thankfully, he is a geek who is appreciative of men with bearded side partings and crochet hearts. Otherwise he would run out of gifts about 4 days into the month.
I'll try to keep up to date on the photos of the handmade bits.
It is official. I love Austin, Texas. I would live there in a hot minute.
It is also official that dan is a bearded fiend with the hipstamatic iphone app. And that I commandeered it quite a lot over the last two weeks also.
It is more than official I am highly jet lagged, and picked up a lovely cough/cold combo up on the plane coming over.
It is secretly (not so secretly if we are facebook friends) official we missed out flight back and had to spend a night in Houston whilst we waiting for one the next day!
We roller derbyed, ate Mexican, sat in the sun, the shade, walked and drove in the rain, never felt cold, fell in love with snow cones, spent a lot of time discussing what type of house we would live in (ANY for the brother, a nice one level bungalow for me and dan ;) ), learnt all about Texas, probably got pretty fat, got a little harassed by some crazy down and outs, spent one brilliant last night watching Mumford and Sons with good friends, and hung out listening to jazz afterwards.
The beard is back, hurrah!
We're already figuring out when we can go back <3
And I am figuring out how I can carry on living in this weather when I was made for that one.
(The last hipster shot, taken after missing our flight.)
hello theartisfound :)
we're back. with one of my favorite things, literally and metaphorically. you can see the art journal page that was created in this video here or here. (or of course tumblrrrrr, my latest online addiction.)
i havn't made videos in so long. i need to do more. this was originally going to be more v-logy. but that didn't happen.
article no.2: starbucks beard!