1. He buys me flowers regularly.
2. He warms my always cold feet up at night.
3. He spent the first few years of his life in Singapore and developed a speech impediment. Even now, when he gets very tired or very excited, he will say his r's like w's. It's cute.
4. He hates DIY, he will do it, but hates it, and therefore isn't the greatest at it.
5. One year he lost a whole year of his life. He was adamant he was going to turn 27 that year, when I insisted he was going to be 28. He disagreed and argued with me, until he came back a few days later and told me he had realised he was going to be 28.
6. He reads comics over books.
7. He's a drummer. A mighty fine drummer. And his online nickname used to be animal.
8. He bought me my first acrylic paints and canvasses to encourage me to paint.
9. He doesn't like any Revels other than the toffee. They are my least favourite.
10. He is infinitely more patient than me.
11. I have never known him to dislike anyone, or for anyone to dislike him.
12. He is definitely the nicer of the two of us.
13. I used to describe him as Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh, whereas I am his Tigger.
14. It doesn't matter how horrendous I look he will always tell me I look beautiful.
15. I even think he believes it.
16. He spends more time brushing the dogs hair and telling her how cute she is than I do.
17. I'm pretty sure he will be (if we have children) one of those dads that braids his daughters hair.
18. He is one of the funniest people I know. (Along with my brother.)
19. He looks and sounds freakily similar to his brothers. Like, seriously, you would freak out.
20. He is definitely the hottest :)
21. He has been known to go out late at night just to get me earplugs from the store.
22. He makes a mean pancake.
23. He gladly watches me skate around a carpark a couple of evenings a week. Without complaining.
24. I have never known anyone to fall asleep so quickly. He can be talking, and then he's gone.
25. When he doesn't fall unconscious immediately, he will tickle my back till he thinks I am asleep.
26. He cleans the bathrooms.
27. I have only seen him really angry once. He threw his phone against the wall and it broke. I told him he was stupid.
28. You see how he is much nicer than me?
29. He's got smarts. And he doesn't make me feel stupid for not having the smarts.
30. He always offers me the last sweeties in a bag :)
I know you all want a Dan Frank now :)
It's the geeks 30th birthday this month. 30! I remember hearing about his 21st party! I was 17 and we were mostly conversing via the internet back then. He had a bouncy castle if I remember correctly. I always wanted a bouncy castle. 30 is kinda special. Aparently it's the new 20, only better, coz we are all supposed to know what we're doing by 30, have a job, a house, money. He's not doing so bad with those I guess. Better than me that's for sure!
Anyway. 30 is special. So special it demands a present a day until his actual birthday on the 23rd. So that's what's going on. Some shop bought, a lot of stupid, and many handmade.
Thankfully, he is a geek who is appreciative of men with bearded side partings and crochet hearts. Otherwise he would run out of gifts about 4 days into the month.
I'll try to keep up to date on the photos of the handmade bits.
remember remember remember.
the whole of last month passed by in a blur of mess. not good mess. the mess of life. death, and shock, and loss, and sickness, and chemo appointments for the brother, and just complete weirdness.
and this month has started off with my frequent inability to remember to breathe. or maybe it's not remembering, maybe it's just that i physically feel like i am choking sometimes. i will wake up gasping. or i will be walking somewhere and just not take that next breath, my body is so shocked by it, it takes an involuntary gasp which will make the taking the next breath even more difficult.
i'm sure this is a symptom of life. of something. of maybe possibly, insanity?
either way. i turn 26 on sunday. 26 with the worst hair cut of my life to date. well, maybe not. one time i had a perm... i might show pictures one day. or maybe not. because when me and dan were dating, and i showed him, he literally cringed and said, "oh. i don't really want to be seeing these, you look so different. it's weird."
which is always a nice thing to hear.
but the point... what was the point? the point was. i must breathe. we must all breathe. we must take one step in front of the other and take the next breath. maybe we will forget one here or there, but as long as you are able to keep walking... well, it is okay.
BOOBIE CAKES! heh heh.
i always get the urge to sing, 'THE HILLLLLLS ARE ALIIIIIIVE' when anybody mentions favorite things.
for people not playing on tumblr yet, i post most of my flickr faves, (along with feminist rants, political news stories that i find interesting, and copious images of ed westwick and robert pattinson) on there. but some of these i don't think i did.
i have neglected dandelion wishes this week. but travelling and tiredness doesn't really make me want to blog. or email for that matter.
i've guest designed for angie delarie this month, so i'll post what i dids next week.
i like chips and dip.
and look at my puppy wearing a hoody.
i would like to purchase some grey converse high-tops.
finally. i am going to amsterdam next month. the boy does not realise this yet, but i'm sure he will be fine with it. will there be tulips? this is my biggest concern.
i need to buy a book on amsterdam.
hello theartisfound :)
we're back. with one of my favorite things, literally and metaphorically. you can see the art journal page that was created in this video here or here. (or of course tumblrrrrr, my latest online addiction.)
i havn't made videos in so long. i need to do more. this was originally going to be more v-logy. but that didn't happen.
article no.2: starbucks beard!